Crypt_Color Correct & Export

This is the last week of Semester 2 and which means I have to export my final version of my Crypt project. Last week, I have rendered out my machine sequences in Maya and was ready to edit in Nuke.

The 1st step I want to do is correct my machine’s color and match the background, I have shuffled my AOV in Nuke so that I can correct these colors separately, Because most of my machine’s materials are metals, so I added glow on my specular and let it a bit shine. I have also corrected some lighting areas’ colors and reflected on my machine and make it look more real and matched. As the Image shows, the color of my machine looks good in the scene.

For the next step, I want to let my machine stay behind the crypt, so I have to Roto the crypt. As the image shows, I use projection way to do that. I export my finished machine sequences and merge it over the background to get the final result.

The issue which I did wrong is I rendered out the whole scene at once so that my barrels are disappeared in the scene after roto because my machine and barrels are in different layers, so the best way to solve this issue is to re-render them separately. But I don’t think there will have enough time left for me to re-render them, so I choose a faster way to do that which is using the mask on the merge node.

I firstly roto my barrels and keyframe it on my original sequences, after that I correct my color on barrels and merge as a mask on the scene to get the following video. To get this result, I am happy and very enjoy doing this whole process.