Collaborative Unit_Week7

In week 7, we are working on our project’s textures. We planned to finish all textures this week, but some extra things happened, I have lost contact with one team member who is in charge of the first five scenes’ textures, so we have to finish all textures and start camera movements in week 8.

The following images and video are what we have done in Week 7. I have created the start scene which is the stone gate and put the textures on them.

Because after the stone gate, there is a coding background that will need compositing in Nuke or After effect, so I have created a blue plane after them, but maybe I don’t have to put a green plane after them because when I export an EXR file, the background will be empty and I can add the coding background without it. Also, the background color will reflect on the stone gate.

Blue screen Background
No backgorund

My team member Yikun Zhang had set up a few cameras in the city scene because we want to use different angles to film this scene, so to let this scene doesn’t look odd and unreal.

For the pills scene, I still want these pills’ textures to look more detailed and advanced. so I have focused on the textures. As the image shows, I changed the value of the metallic , roughness and lighting of the texture to get this.

Pill texture
1st version

After changing textures, the lighting of the scene is not bright enough, so I value up the background exposure, but I still need to add an area light at the front.

2nd version