Nuke_Clean up

Through the first two weeks’ Nuke class, I have learned a few ways to clean up the character’s face. So for this Clean up homework, I have used two different ways to clean up these points on the character’s face. The first way is very simple, I have used roto paint to paint points on each frame because there are only 25 frames in this video, so it’s worked, but if this video is 200 frames or more, it is impossible to do that.

So for the second way, I have divided all points and grouped them into five parts, which are upper head points, nose points, left side face points, right side face points, and mouse points. I use two trackers to track the character’s nouse and upper head points, after that, I used two roto nodes to roto these points, and then drag trackers’ value into roto nodes so that these rotos will be tracked and follow the character’s face points. I have selected output to “alpha.rgb”, after that I blur and premult these points to let the character’s face looks smooth and real. In the last step, I have merged them together and matted them so that I can get the final look.

Nodes

For the background, I have tried to use the key light node in Nuke and extract the color from the blue screen, set the value of green and red color to zero, and set the value of blue to one, and then I can get the transparent background. After that, I have selected one of the background image file, after denoise it., I have merged the image and the original source to get the final look.