Nuke Week 10_Clean up

In the second class of this week, I have learned about Roto deeply. Mr.Glanzo taught me Roto paint node. The difference between the other Roto node is this node can be painted, and I can easily to clean up the objects which I don’t want in the scene by brush, it’s like an eraser, you can wipe it off quickly.

During the class, Mr.Glanzo shows three different ways how to clean up the scene by Roto paint.

The first one is Mr.Glanzo recognized. Firstly is select one frame and use the clone tool which is in the Roto paint node and match color to wipe of the object on the same frame, then use the Roto node to roto the object area and track the object. Because all the clone things are in the one frame, so we need to use Frame Hold node to hold this frame during the whole video so that the object will not come up. The next step is to create a match move node in the tracker and connect to Frame Hold. The last step is to create a regain node to put some texture and let this area looks the same as before.

The second way is a bit simple and quicker, firstly it uses a Rotopaint node and then holds the frame, and then uses a planar tracker to track the object, after that we need to create a corner pin to connect the frame hold node and regain it.

The third way is to use 4 points to track the object area, but this time we stabilize the scene first to let the scene doesn’t shake too much, and then we shuffle it and roto paint it after that. Then we crop the area which we want to clean up and match move through the tracker.

To create a text on the object, we use the same way as the third and create a corner pin, but we need to invert it to let the text area scale up because we can easily design this area. After we edit the text, we create another corner pin without inverting it to let it back to the original place.