Nuke_GreenScreen

In week two, we are glad to have class in the Greenscreen room. And during the class, we learned some lighting knowledge and start shooting in the green screen room, and it’s my pleasure to be the character on the green screen homework.

For this week’s homework, I plan to add some logos or icons on the right and left top which I point out in the video, and change my green screen background as well. Firstly, I have used the Keylight node to clean my background. As the following image shows, to get rid of those lights on the top, I used Roto and reformated it after that. In the second step, I create a 3D scene and a card just for my character.

But I got some issues with the point light and environment light, when I turn these lights on, my character will look very white and odd, so for this step, I have to turn it off.

For my background, I have downloaded a free 4K forest shooting footage and frame hold on the 1st frame and created a card to set it into the 3D scene.

For my first icon, I want to let it animate, so I download an AE template and import it into the Nuke after finishing editing, as the video shows. Because this is homework for Nuke, so I pick the Nuke icon and add my name on the bottom.

For the second and third icons, I used the color wheel and color bar and animated them. I have keyframe the rotation and scale of the color whole and let it appear when the character points out on that side. For the color bar, I firstly roto it into a circle and then keyframe its scale value.

To let them appear smoothly, I have changed the curve and let it more smooth.