Crypt_Movements & UV Mapping

For the Machine in the Crypt, I have finished its mechanical movements. As the video shows, I let three parts move which are the front gear, item on the left, and right sidetrack. As the video shows, I didn’t think of any functions for these movements for my machine, although there is no function of these movements, the motion of these driveshafts is reasonable. The main body is the engine, and it provides power to let these transmissions work.

After I finish these movements, I want to put some textures on my model. But before that, I need to start UV Mapping first. The UV Mapping is quite complicated for me because I have made many small components such as screws and gears. I have divided my machine into three big parts, which are the main body, the left tunnel part, and the right transmission part. And in these three big parts, I have some details that need to be shown, so I have split some UV into a group like the image shows.

To make sure all UV map is in the correct size and each of these map doesn’t out of range, I have selected each map and checked the size, and scaled-down some faces which do not need to be too large because we will not see these faces.

After checking the UV Maps, I select all the UV Shells and check the models to see every part is in the right size and all surfaces are not deformed.

For the next step, i am going to export my model and import into the Substance Painter for texturing.