Analysis of Cinematic Product

The cinematic product which I want to analysis is a teleplay called “Love,Death,Robot”. In this teleplay, there are eight different stories with different design styles and story background, every story narrative is very awesome and shocked me, gives me a hint to use different way to design stories. In season two, their is one story which story narrative attracted me a lot is “Automated Customer Service”.

I love to exploring and AI’s world and creating some AI story, what human beings will be like in the future, what we gonna deal with AI, how do we control AI and how to let them service us well. This short story use a very interesting and novel way to show me, but in the end, it also shows me how does this AI clean robot out of control and ruin this house lady’s and her dog’s life.

Act 1: The Exposition

In the beginning of the story, AI and Human live very peaceful. Their are many types of AI in the town and each of them has their works to do, they service us well. But in this world, i only see old people, their is no young people in this town. After shows the whole world, the camera is turning to a old lady’s house, their is one pet dog and an AI clean robot in the scene, but dog hats robot, and this robot just follow the program–clean the house and put everything back to their original position.

Act 2: Rising Action

The first turning point in this story is a photo frame. The original position just a few centimeters away, but the old lady thought this new position is much better, but the AI just follow the program, it can’t understand the lady’s mean, so they have a bit ‘combat’. The lady’s pat dog knows her thinking, after clean robot put the frame back to the original position, it start bark to the robot. At this time, the AI robot feels dangerous in this house, it starts ‘destroyed mood’ — to kill every living things in this room.

Act 3: The Climax

The AI clean robot starts use ultrasonic to kill the fish first, and the lady carries her dog starts flee. But robot just follow the program in it’s chip, it starts to pick up dirty clothes into the blanket when it see clothes on the ground. During this time, the lady calls to custom service but these regimented AI custom service needs her to choose press many useless options and gives her answers is run at end. The lady feels hopeless and she starts yelling and calls help to her neighbour, but the door has locked by AI so that they have become a bird in the cage. However, when she feels hopeless, her neighbour is carrying a gun standing out side the window. They use wise and gun to destroy this robot and drive car to escape this house.

Act 4: Falling Action

Because of destroying Al robot by gun, the old lady and her neighbour have been list as wanted by all the AI robot, all of these AI robot need to kill them before they stop. So the lady is on the way with no returning.  

Act 5: Denouement of Resolution

This story shows to the audience that AI robot and custom service should be more humanization and a bit satiric to AI that they just follow the program and will they really want to service us? What we need to consider in the future AI Area?